ICYMI: Davis Joined CNN Newsroom to Discuss Health Care Reform
U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.) earlier today joined John Berman and Poppy Harlow on CNN Newsroom to discuss the need to pass health care reform. Davis continues to work with the White House and his colleagues in the House to pass a bill to responsibly repeal and replace Obamacare, which is collapsing.
Obamacare by the numbers
• 31 million people can't afford the health coverage they have because of high deductibles.
• 29 million people still don't have insurance, in large part because of high costs.
• 1.4 million lost their health plans.
• Increased Illinois premiums 45-45% this year.
• Increased deductibles by 64%.
• 75% of Illinois has the option of one or two insurance providers - creating a monopoly that increases costs.
• 18 of the 23 health care co-ops have failed - costing taxpayers more than $1.7 billion in federal loans that they will never pay back.
• 1 in 4 people in Illinois are now on Medicaid and of the Medicaid expansion population through Obamacare, 44% are working-age males between 19-34.
• Raises the federal deficit by $131 billion.
• Increased taxes by $1.2 trillion over ten years.